Day 2 Term 2

Hi everybody.

I know that a few people are not linked to our Greytown Facebook page so here is a fun update for Day 2.

Here we go Greytown School…Day 2!

Yesterday I received some great photos of children learning and teachers teaching. I won’t show you them just yet so people can still send theirs in…but I did see some incredible learning taking place.

These are only a few examples that you will see tomorrow.

• Hugo Preston was learning how to add while baking…He added the smarties on the first two biscuits together to make the last biscuit have even more Smarties!
  • The Bliss family was learning about the correct angle, speed and height to make the perfect jump shot. They even added in a frog leap!
  • Orlagh was biking while listening to Harry Potter in her backyard.
  • Hugh was learning how to construct a fort so he could read, play and learn in it.
  • Claudia and Genevieve were learning about machinery, hydraulics, pressure etc while helping the family split logs outside.
  • Numerous families sent in photos of children Zooming with their teacher and class, learning in their Google Classrooms or with Seesaw. AWESOME!

I did have one question though about Mr Salter’s photo…Was he cold like he said he was?…or has he got a really bad lockdown hair cut that he is hiding? LOL…Room 14 and Mr Salter might be able to help us answer that question today.

Remember Carlo’s plane challenge Facebook post from yesterday….if you are like me I am having to do a lot of trial and errors. I could get a prize for the curliest flight and thankfully I have improved since my first attempt that landed less than a metre away. See how you go! Challenge the adults in your house to help.

So here we go for Day 2. We’ve got this! All we need to do is be S.H.A.R.P and give it a go.

Enjoy Miss O

PS: For those who haven’t sent a photo of them learning remotely yet…I look forward to seeing even more emails today of what you are up to for learning. Simply send them to principal@greytown.school.nz