Whangia ka tupu, ka puawai.
That which is nurtured, blossoms and grows.
Welcome to the Kowhai Syndicate. We have four classrooms of children in our learning family ranging in ages from 5 to 8 years of age.
Our learning programmes ensure that our children start school with a continued love of learning and a solid foundation of life skills (eg: self-management, collaboration, communication, critical thinking …etc), literacy and numeracy, and a growing understanding of the wider curriculum.
In our syndicate, we value the role of learning through Purposeful Play – see information below for our 2020 update.
Our Kowhai Syndicate Team 2020 is
- Mrs Gaylene Hansen (Kowhai Leader) in Room 5 (Years 1 and 2)
- Mrs Kirsten Matthews in Room 4 (Reception Room for Year 0/1)
- Mrs Kath McRae will be teaching Thursdays in Room 4 and Fridays in Room 5.
- Ms. Dorreen Mackenzie in Room 1 (Year 2)
- Mrs Nikki Regnault and Mrs Verity Adcock in Room 2 (Years 1 and 2)
To see what we are all up to come and visit us, look at our Seesaw pages or check out our School Facebook page.
PURPOSEFUL PLAY 2020.Kōwhai Purposeful Play Philosophy_Policy Greytown School 2020